The Conversation Quarter connects the Library across the state and around the world. This state-of-the-art public forum is equipped with the latest two-way broadcast technology, taking the Library’s events and programs to schools, libraries and homes around Australia while bringing the world’s best events and experiences to Victoria.
Purposely designed to accommodate a range of engaging events including seminars, lectures, workshops, conferences, meetings, dinners and more. The space enclosed by “three centuries of architecture” with a glass ceiling high above this venue is versatile and entirely unique. Accessible from the Swanston Street Entrance or many other avenues into the library.
The venue is suited to large conferences with the seminar rooms, theatrette and other spaces located in close proximity for multi-space use.
Availability – Available always
- State of the Art IT specification
- 3 centuries of architecture in one space
- 6m x 4.5m digital media wall and integrated AV
- Adjacent to the Conference Centre
- Large flexible floor space
- State of the art – Integrated audio visual
- Natural light
- Variety of casual furniture options
Due to COVID-19, the venue capacity will be 100 pax. 1 person per 4 square metres.