Named after the Library’s first listed female staff member, this new heritage gallery can be transformed into a sophisticated dining room, perfect for unique weddings, corporate events, business breakfasts and more. Previously closed to the public, this magnificent room boasts glorious high ceilings and large windows looking over La Trobe Street for beautiful natural light. Designed to accommodate 200 guests, the Isabella Fraser Room is located next to the new world-class exhibition space, the Victoria Gallery, providing an opportunity to create a bespoke curator led-experience for guests.
This special event gallery is directly accessible through the new La Trobe Street entrance.
State Library Victoria was awarded Best Specialty Venue by Meetings and Events Australia in March 2017. The Isabella Fraser Room will provide another stunning specialty space for hire in Victoria.
Availability – Always available
Due to COVID-19, the venue capacity will be 77 pax. 1 person per 4 square metres.
- Purpose built events space
- Built in A/v
- High New York Loft style ceilings
- Parquetry Hardwood Floors
- Large street-facing windows
- Feature floral installation on trussing
- Direct access from new La Trobe Street entrance
- Heritage interior features
- Adjacent access to Victoria Gallery
- Flexible floor space